Hey ultra friends, thanks for stopping by! We’ve had the pleasure of making many custom belts for various hundred mile buckles from Rocky Raccoon to Western States, Angeles Crest to San Diego, Chimera to Rocky Road, Badwater to Bataan Death March, Javelina to Grand Tetons, and HURT to Massanutten, just to name a few. We would be honored to make your next belt for your very hard earned buckle.
Here's what we'll need from you to get started:
- Your belt measurement obtained as follows: take any one of your belts, lay it flat and measure from the tip of its buckle to the hole you use to fasten it. Give us the measurement in inches. If you do not have a belt, take a measuring tape and wrap it around where you would typically be wearing your belt. Taking the measurement in one of these two ways gives us the most accurate sizing. The measurement you obtain will become the center hole and we’ll add additional holes to the left and right of it.
- Since we'll be making your belt specifically for your 100 mile buckle, we want to make sure we get it just right so we'll need (if possible) a photo of the front and back of the buckle. Please email it to BohemianLeather@gmail.com
- We also need: a) the overall length of the buckle itself, measured from the front; b) from the back of the buckle, measure the length from the fastening post to the rail bar in its extended position; and c) the length of the rail bar on the back of the buckle where the strap goes through (measure the rail bar from the inside edges). This will allow us to determine the proper sizing as well as the width of your belt strap. Most rail bars on hundred mile buckles are between 1 ½” to 1 ¾” and on occasion up to 2”.
A few notes:
- The AC100 Buckle is made with a fixed rail bar that only allows for a 1” strap. However, because it’s such a beefy buckle, we think it looks better with a slightly wider strap, such as 1 ½”. We've designed the belt in such a way as to allow for a wider strap, and to specifically accommodate the unique construction of the AC100 buckle. We've recreated the classic ranger style belt to allow for a sleeker more flattering look given the heftiness of the buckle. It is a 1 1/2 inch wide belt strap with the ends tapered to accommodate and accentuate the buckle without it overwhelming the belt itself.
- Most hundred mile buckles have a metal post for the attachment to the belt. What this means in terms of design is that eyelets cannot be used on the billet end, as metal on metal prevents a secure hold. So if there is a belt you like that has metal eyelets at the billet end, we will just make it without them so that your belt fastens securely onto the leather. Feel free to mix and match colors, designs, etc- this is a custom belt so if you don't see what you like, let us know and we'll work together to see if we can come up with what you envision.
- Please note: custom orders for hundred mile buckles will not include the buckle that is displayed in the photo. The size of the fastening post and the length of any given hundred mile buckle varies from a regular buckle (as the ones in our photos) and can result in size variations for the belt itself. Your belt will be custom made according to the measurements noted above in items 1-3.
- If you're local, feel free to set up an appointment to visit our workshop. Bring your buckle along, we'll measure you and go over what you have in mind.
Thanks again for stopping by, feel free to email us or give us a ring if you have any questions!
Marisol & Lance